[time-nuts] Fwd: HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Wed May 10 04:10:44 UTC 2017

Respectfully I disagree. I have totally shorted out numerous oscillator’s fuses with no problems. The design of those thermal fuses makes them vulnerable to opening just due to years of use without problem, in any of the electronics. My shorted out oscillators still work. Ideally, if handy, it is easy enough to replace them if one is available. They just plug in. If there is a thermal runaway, that caused the opening, to me that implies that there are other issues. Regards – Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd.

Howell, NJ, 07731

848-245-9115