[time-nuts] A good GPS-Receiver with 1PPS output...

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 10 11:35:04 UTC 2017

Hi

For the same money, you could get one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152340314423?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT <http://www.ebay.com/itm/152340314423?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT>

Then locking up another oscillator is just a simple phase locked loop.

The gotcha is that none of the modules on the market actually have a “stable” 1 PPS. To get that you do a GPSDO.
The GPS constellation it’s self is what creates the (short term) instability. If your OCXO closely follows the GPS signal,
it will be all over the place. There is lots of information about this in the archives.

Bob