[time-nuts] calculating stats with gaps in the data

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Thu May 25 21:12:59 UTC 2017

There are 'better' ways of handling gaps when calculating ADEV and
siblings. Patrizia Tavela has a nice method: you pad out the time series,
tagging missing points with NaNs say, and then if a difference contains a
missing data point, you drop it. It works very well. I expect this is in
Stable32. I think it's implemented in allantools. It's definitely
implemented in the Matlab functions I wrote (tftools on GitHub).

Cheers
Michael