[time-nuts] HP 5335A Question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Nov 2 00:05:46 UTC 2017

Hi

The gate time on a 5335 can be set via GPIB. It can be set to some *very* long gates (well past 100 seconds).
When you do this, the data reported on GPIB does “stretch” to cover the added digits. The problem is that there
are internal register overflows. The designers did not anticipate needing quite so many bits. You loose the MSB’s
when you go to long gates. Compensating for this on a reasonable source is not a big deal.

Bob