[time-nuts] UltrAtomic clock.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Nov 5 20:31:12 UTC 2017

> So, anyone notice what time their UltrAtomic clock did the dst change?
>
> Mine didn't change last night. Time has been right since it first set itself, so, I'm suspecting it's getting signal. ( We're in northern Michigan, eastern time zone.)

Hi Dan,

One of the advantages of the UltrAtomic clock is that it makes use of the enhanced WWVB encoding format. That new format is specifically designed to solve DST / reception problems:

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017/05/09/NIST-Enhanced-WWVB-Broadcast-Format-1_01-2013-11-06.pdf

So your results are perplexing. When you say "time has been right since it first set itself" are you talking within minutes, or seconds, or fractions of a second? That would tell us if it has been receiving ok over the past week or month.

Also, can you check what your DST / Q-mode / Eco-mode switches are set to?

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/media/catalog/product/4/0/404-1235ua-ss_manual_092316.pdf

Thanks,
/tvb