[time-nuts] ublox NEO-M8T improved by insulated chamber?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 02:12:18 UTC 2017

On 11/7/17 1:30 PM, Ole Petter Ronningen wrote:
> Not knowing better, I would expect there to be diurnal effects due to the
> ionospere being in the shade or not. I suspect there are people on this
> list that know better.
>
> Anyway, the effect I am seeing is also very slowly drifing, see screenshot
> of about 20 days of data below. The daily variation varies quite a bit. I
> am not sure this can be explained by ionospheric activity, but then again I
> dont know much about what goes on up there.
>
> As mentioned, I also have L1/L2 data from the same period, I believe it is
> possible to extract or at least estimate the Total Electron Content from
> that data somehow, but I do not know how - it gets pretty arcane pretty
> quickly for a layman.
>
> Ole

http://www.navipedia.net/index.php/Ionospheric_Delay
has a nice discussion with simple equations to turn TEC into delay, etc.

You might also look into seeing if you can put your data in a form to be
processed by GIPSY at JPL - they have a service where you can upload
your raw observables and they post process it.

https://gipsy-oasis.jpl.nasa.gov/