[time-nuts] ublox NEO-M8T improved by insulated chamber?

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Nov 8 16:45:10 UTC 2017

Yo jimlux!

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 06:33:19 -0800
jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 11/7/17 8:39 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Yo Tom!

> >> Correct. GPS performs far better than the original spec. Like the
> >> Mars rovers...
> >
> > Of course, but then you are on a wing and a prayer, not
> > engineering.
>
> Not really - the original spec for GPS was based on being able to
> track to a single chip of the PN code at 1 MHz, or about 300m
> position error, and 30m for the precise code at 10MHz.

I agree with almost all you ssid.  And none of it applies to the point I
made.  I'm talking about the current GPS standard (IS-GPS-200H), nothing
dated at all.  No one here has yet bothered to address the issues I raise
in Section 3.3.4.  What I say about 3.3.4 is perfectly compatible with with
your arguments.

I'll be happy to discuss my interpretation of 3.3.4 and what I think it
means, when someone shows they actually read it.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588