[time-nuts] Wenzel VHF PLO Oscillators Off Frequency

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:46:50 UTC 2017

Yes, exactly those. With no input, would they be expected to be 4 kHz off?
The spec for the standard part wants the input to be within 1e-7. I would
not expect them to be so far off free running.

I saw 13 MHz on the 500-14273 and stayed away from those.

Do you know of any part numbers that use 10 MHz in? Wenzel would not tell
me the exact specs of the 500 series parts available on ebay and only sent
me the specs for the standard 501-14057 that takes 10 MHz.

I have a couple 8642As and can generate any frequency I want with decent
phase noise, locked to my 10 MHz reference. I could try these frequencies
above.

Do you know what the pll lock output does when the input frequency is off?
These toggle high for any frequencies I have put in.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark