[time-nuts] Wenzel VHF PLO Oscillators Off Frequency

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 02:02:01 UTC 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM, John Miles <john at miles.io> wrote:

> Most of the 100 and 200 MHz bricks I've seen work with either 5 or 10 MHz
> .  I don't know if I've seen any 80 MHz units that do.  All of the ones
> I've bought on eBay have been from the customer-proprietary 500- series
> with unusual input frequencies.

I swept the input from 1 to 100 MHz. They lock at 38.4 MHz in. Yes they are
4-5 kHz off when free running. Locked they are right on frequency.

They don't spec the phase noise when locked. I hope it is decent. The phase
noise when unlocked is pretty good. I can only measure the phase noise
indirectly by driving my Perseus clock with this and comparing phase noise
measurements when using the internal clock. I may wind up using the
internal clock when measuring phase noise and this when measuring Allan
Deviation.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark