[time-nuts] Absolute phase

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 19:15:01 UTC 2017

On 11/17/17 11:05 AM, Jerry Hancock wrote:
> Granted I expect someone on this list to reply with something that makes me feel stupid, if you have two GPSDO units running side by side, should the phase delta on the 10Mhz output be zero (ideally)?  Is there an absolute phase standard kept between GPSDO units as all it would take is one extra inverter in the chain to flip the phase, no?

I don't think so..
GPSDOs are really more of a syntonization (same frequency) rather than a
synchronization (same phase) box.

You might have two boxes of the same kind that have some well defined
and stable phase relationship between, say, the 10 MHz sine and the 1pps
(if the 1pps is derived by dividing the 10 MHz, for instance)