[time-nuts] Absolute phase

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 17 19:39:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

First of all, the receiver varies around some average phase.
The average of two receivers may not be the same, even if sharing antenna.
Their average can be offset from "absolute phase" because of offsets in
the receiver, antenna cables and antenna.

If you are not to careful, a GPSDO will do nicely for many applications.
The more you care, the more hassle.

Oh, and two GPSDOs next to each other can have significant common mode
disturbance, so you can't really evaluate a GPSDO by measuring up to
another GPSDO.

Cheers,
Magnus