[time-nuts] How good is your ADEV at 10E7 seconds? :)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Nov 18 11:16:25 UTC 2017

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:54:51 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> LIGO only works for roughly the audio spectrum.  At the low and high ends,
> the noise goes up.  Lots of people are working on how to build gear that will
> work at other wavelengths.

I was wondering about those limits, when i saw the plots.
Though, is it really the time/frequency source that defines
the detection limit?

> One proposal is to monitor pulsars.  There might be stuff leftover from the
> big bang with a period of a year or so.  If you can get good timing from a
> pulsar, you might be able to see it.  I suspect that will take "good" timing
> to a scale that would astonish most time-nuts.

I think going with a 2-4 5071s and a Cs or Rb fountain to keep them
on frequency would be the easier thing to do. For additional short
term performance, throw in an active H-maser.

				Attila Kinali

--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to