[time-nuts] Input filter for data logger

Neil neil at g4dbn.uk
Sun Nov 19 23:19:27 UTC 2017

I have four MV89As.  Two are excellent and run at a case temp around
43C/110F.  One tends to jump frequency when you move it, it also sits
around 43C/110F  though. The final one has a broken temp controller.
Mounted inside a large block of expanded polstyrene insulation, it
reached 92C/198F before I realised something was not right.

The best MV89A has been running continuously for 18 months and has
drifted LF by 1.2ppb in that time, compared with two GPSDOs and the
GB3MHZ GPS-locked beacon on 1296.830MHz

The two bad ones were cheap and were still soldered to bits of hacksawed
PCB.

Neil