[time-nuts] Allan variance by sine-wave fitting

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 23 15:23:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

There is trivial ways to estimate phase and amplitude of a sine using
linear methods. I saw however none of these properly referenced or
described. It would have been good to see those approaches attempted in
parallel on the same data and compare their performance with the
proposed approach. It seemed "fuzzy" how it worked, and that is never a
good sign in a scientific article, especially as it is n the heart of
the method described in the paper. The actual method should be named,
referenced and then also referenced with "as implemented by..." and we
only got the last part.

Cheers,
Magnus