[time-nuts] Performance verification for time counters

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Nov 30 02:38:27 UTC 2017

Hi

That’s certainly part of the issue. The fact that you are measuring a transfer function
in the phase domain is another issue.

Before this gets to nutty, there is indeed a “peaking” spec on things like a stratum 1
through 4 device. That also gets carried into the OCx domains as well. Since (as was
pointed out at the start) you are worried about large groups of (possibly identical) units, the
peaking numbers need to be mighty small. It only takes one question of the form “that’s
a nice paper analysis … can you demonstrate it?” to head you off to (do me) silly testing
programs.

Bob