[time-nuts] sine to square wave circuits - performance data?

John Miles john at miles.io
Wed Oct 4 01:12:11 UTC 2017

> I have measured the PN of the LTC6957-4 at 10MHz.
>
> I could measure the PN of the TAPR variant of the Wenzel circuit as well as
> the PN of the comparator based circuit (with CMOS output buffer).

These plots came from the Wenzel diff-amp shaper:
http://www.ke5fx.com/wenzel_resid_PN.png
http://www.ke5fx.com/wenzel_resid_ADEV.png

I don't recall many details of the test setup, or how faithful my implementation of the shaper was to Charles W.'s app note, but this is representative of several plots I have lying around. Not bad performance at all for the cost/complexity involved.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC