[time-nuts] precision frequency/time/amplitude reference

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 9 23:51:48 UTC 2017

On 10/9/17 9:58 AM, David Witten wrote:
> Jim,
>
> If I understand what you are attempting (I may well not), you might
> consider the approach taken here:
>
> https://github.com/tejeez/rtl_coherent

that is where you have a common clock distributed to the RTLs
"A single 28.8 MHz reference clock is distributed to all dongles. "

What I want to do is have the dongles completely independent running
with their own computer off a battery.  Capture the data to a SDcard
and then post process it to do the interferometry

And do this with a self contained calibration approach (i.e. not depend
on there being a convenient radio station which has a signal in band, etc.)