[time-nuts] Fast Rise/Fall Time Pulser

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Tue Oct 10 21:46:16 UTC 2017

Am 10.10.2017 um 22:25 schrieb Magnus Danielson:
> This one, if you read what is written there:
>
> http://www.analog.com/en/products/linear-products/comparators/adcmp572.html#product-overview

I have used a ADCMP580 comparator on a home etched board

with semi rigid for the outputs. This is what I got from it:

<
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/33305853110/in/album-72157662535945536/

I have also experimented with BAT15 Schottky limiters to get less rise
time at the cost of less amplitude.

That has been replaced by a 54754A differential TDR in the mean time :-)

The scope knows its own risetimes and can calculate them away, at least
somewhat.

BNC and 40 ps rise time don't go together well.

Cheers, Gerhard

> On 10/10/2017 10:20 PM, Bruce Griffiths wrote:
>> It appears to be merely an ECL comparator;
>> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/yet-another-fast-edge-pulse-generator/
>>

>> Bruce
>>> On 11 October 2017 at 09:14 Magnus Danielson
>>> <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,

>>> Looking at the pictures, it seems like the surface mounted chip marked
>>> AJK AAA is the driver-chip that connects through a capacitor over to
>>> the
>>> centerlead of the BNC output.
>>>
>>> Some form of driver, and setup such that amplitude scale can be
>>> controlled.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Magnus