[time-nuts] inexpensive, black box, GPS or NTP based TTL time capture?

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Oct 19 08:08:47 UTC 2017

On the home brew side there are GPS receivers (Ublox Lea 6T and Lea M8T) that will time tag incoming signals to sub usec resolution . You of course need a PC/micro to configure and read the data.
Also, if you are prepared to have a Beaglebone Black in your box you can use one or both of the two Programmable Real-time Units, modules in the SOC that are completely independant of the CPU running linux, to also get sub usec resolution. Programming required.