[time-nuts] Spice simulation of PSRR and phase noise

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Oct 22 12:53:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have been looking into spice simulations of circuits, in particular
trying to extract PSRR and phase noise information. Unfortunatelly,
the obvious way of putting AC sources at the right places does not
work, as the (ideal) input signals are not small and drive the circuit
into non-linearities. Hence I have to do transient simulations.
But extracting PSRR and phase noise information out of a transient
simulation is cumbersome at best and takes a lot of simulation time
(we are talking about hours to days for simple circuits).

I am looking for guidelines and hints how to speed things up.
Maybe even being able to use standard DC and AC analysis for the
circuit instead of transient. Unfortunately, my google-foo was not
strong enough to find approriate documentation.

Does someone have any hints what I should read or search for?

Thanks in advance

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.