[time-nuts] inexpensive, black box, GPS or NTP based TTL time capture?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 25 00:43:19 UTC 2017

On 10/24/17 5:04 PM, Nick Sayer via time-nuts wrote:
> FWIW, I’ve documented the whole R-Pi GPS NTP thing at https://hackaday.io/project/15137
>
> As a disclaimer I will also say that I’m not even remotely the first. But what’s kind of nice is that I have a R-Pi desk clock display board that plays really well with a bolt-on GPS cap. In fact, I’ve got two of them in the NTP pool right now.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I've been connecting a Parallax NEO-7M to a beaglebone green..
GPS messages through the UART are easy.

pps less so.. I'm sure it's a matter of correctly configuring and
thrashing through the GPIO assignments with the capemgr - which
interestingly has had two substantial versions - most of the online
tutorials and material refer to the older one.