[time-nuts] I've been thinking about a GPS receiver experiment

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 23:30:37 UTC 2017

>  No, you set up an oscillator so that is why you have that problem.

I hooked the two rubidiums together just to see what would happen.   It pretty much did what I expected... chaos...   the time-nut equivalent of a naughty schoolboy putting a microphone up to the speaker of the public address system.  I't's a tough job, but somebody gotta do it  ;-)

>  No, not really. The rubidium would be the real hold-over clock.

Symmetricom calls the disciplining state where it can't lock to the 1PPS signal the "holdover" state.  It's sort of like a GPSDO holdover state.  Their discipline firmware does let you set the time constant and damping values.  I tried a little playing around with them, but never found any settings that worked consistently well with the LEA-5T.