[time-nuts] I've been thinking about a GPS receiver experiment

Bob Martin aphid1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 23:46:32 UTC 2017

   The holdover state is a DAC set to the last value of the analog
control voltage that adjusts the oscillator frequency. Some designs
use an analog control loop and switch the DAC into the control loop.
Others use the DAC to set the control voltage at all times. This can
result in a steps in the control voltage (output frequency).
I've used both methods and prefer the latter.

Bob M