[time-nuts] Designing an embedded precision GPS time server

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 26 22:58:56 UTC 2017

Hi

Why go to the green? Just go with one of these Pocket Beagle’s I have sitting
here wondering what to do with them. They were just a bit under $20 when I
picked them up. I doubt the price will climb over time …… Indeed you could
get two Pi Zero W’s for the pice of the Pocket Beagle. Lash an interface onto
any of them (just like the Green) and get going.

Is any of that cheaper once you get 1588 Ethernet going than a board (or chip) with
integrated Ethernet? My guess is no.

Bob