[time-nuts] HP 5335A Question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Oct 31 15:57:47 UTC 2017

Hi

One of the most user friendly ways to get a 5334 or 5335 to display max resolution
is to put in into a math function mode. Subtract out the nominal center frequency of
the source and just look at the “delta” from that center.

Regardless of the tricks, these counters will not give you 12 real digits in a second.
They are only able to get to 9 digits (or slightly less) in a second. Extend the gate time
past a point and they overflow internally. You can still get data out, it takes some thought
to make sense of it.

Bob