[time-nuts] How do I compare GPS antennas?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 04:23:49 UTC 2017

One thing that I have used is Lady Heather's  lat/lon scattergram (GI keyboard command).   Connect an antenna, clear the data queue (CC from the keyboard) and let it run for say 24 hours.   Lather, rinse, repeat with different antennas.   Compare the resulting scattergrams and see how "tight" the data is.  Better antennas have less scatter in the results.

If you have an ACCURATE surveyed location for your antenna,  you can also use the precision survey command and see how well the results match your known location.