[time-nuts] HP-531xx calibrator nearing completion

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Sep 8 18:25:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, September 7, 2017 10:56 am, Mark Sims wrote:
> It takes a 10 MHz input,  feeds it through a sine-to square converter
> (using a biased CMOS gate) doubles it to 20 MHz using  XOR gates,

Could you send me a snip of what that looks like?  Or a link to the
schematic if you have it already.  I need to take 10MHz in and was going
to generate 24MHz with a PLL, but probably 20MHz will be acceptable, and I
think just a couple of gates would work a lot better from a space and
power layout perspective.

If I need 50/50 duty cycle I would need to double again to 40MHz and use a
flip-flop to divide by 2, right?  Does the XOR circuit still work OK with
a narrow duty cycle?

thanks,
Chris Caudle