[time-nuts] Restoration of 5065A - continued...

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 18:22:07 UTC 2017

When I mentioned redesign, it was the intention to copy the by HP updated designinto a new Cad project (I use Cadence PCB Editor for which I have a license)and then accomodate for more modern versions of the operationalamplifiers since I guess that there are not that many "A7" modulesaround as surplus. Even HP used DIP-versions in the updated design.
Today, I was offered a partially scrapped 5065A for parts.The XO is gone but the Rubidium tube is there, (most likely brokenTX heater). I have no idea of how old this unit is, but perhaps some modules in itare more modern than the ones in mine.
I would have loved to get my hands on a modern/late unit and do the Edmund-Opticsfilter installation (Super 5065A) as referenced here. Some yearsago there were one up for sale at a reasonable fixed price. I hesitatedand -  "kazing" - it was gone.
I have so far replaced the 709's with 741's and removed the frequencycompensation components (I did that already yesterday).

BR
Ulf Kylenfall  SM6GXV