[time-nuts] Weird GPSDO behavior

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 29 15:42:31 UTC 2017

On 9/29/17 6:13 AM, Rob Kimberley wrote:
> I'd go with a power surge as it's so regular at 8AM.
> Rob

Delivery truck with Jammer, as suggested by Graham also.

There could be a RFI burst from something like a streetlight or
storefront display turning on/off.

Have you analyzed the timing of the outages?  What sort of distribution
do they have? (I hesitate, but this is time-nuts... what is the ADEV of
the outage times<grin>)

If the timing is *very* regular - that implies its controlled by a clock
If the timing slowly drifts later (if you're in the northern hemisphere)
then it might be tied to an astronomical timer (e.g. sunrise) or an
actual light detector.
If the timing is sort of random, but around a median, that implies some
sort of human scheduled activity.