[time-nuts] Weird GPSDO behavior

Lars Walenius lars.walenius at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:20:30 UTC 2017

If I look on the TIC graph it looks like something happen at about + or - 500ns. Could it be that the software change algoritm? Like a ”Jam Sync”. Seems like it tries to get the TIC to zero quick by changing the DAC. Maybe it thinks it gets enough close in frequency and stops and goes back to the PI-loop with 20000 secs time constant? As the frequency seems to be off 0.7ppb the excursion to about 6-7 us with a 20000sec PI-loop make sense and it takes about a day to get back in phase (to + or - 500 ns and a new cycle begins).

If the above is correct the parameters for the PI-loop work but not for the other ”algoritm” that has a factor of 100 wrong oscillator sensitivity.

Changing to another time constant might give another cycle different from a day?? But will not solve the problem I guess.

Best Regards
Lars