[time-nuts] Environmental sensor recommendations

Vlad time at patoka.org
Thu Apr 5 12:53:37 UTC 2018

Mark,

Thanks for doing this ! Aside of the "commercial" sensors, will you open
the API or data format for the community ?
In such way, we could tailor our existed "telemetry devices" to be
connected to LH ! I see lot of perspectives here. Seismic, radiation,
lighting, main, air, light, gravity, you-name-it...

Regards,
Vlad

On 2018-04-04 20:58, Mark Sims wrote:
> I recently (mostly)  finished adding external environmental sensor
> support to Lady Heather.   You can use the sensor as the primary
> "receiver" device or in conjunction with any of the "receivers" that
> Lady Heather supports (except currently the HP-5071A which uses the
> same plot queue entries as the environmental sensors).  Heather
> supports humidity, pressure, and two temperature values.
>
> I am currently using a dogratian.com USB-PA sensor with temperature,
> humidity, and pressure.  I am also designing a Heather specific board
> (BME280, two thernistors, temperature controller interface, maybe a
> couple of ADC channels, etc).   Are there any recommendations for
> other off-the-shelf sensors worth looking at?
>
> The main requirement is that the sensor should send data over a serial
> port or virtual serial port or maybe ethernet.   Ideally it would
> stream readings at 1 Hz, but a polled device (like the dogratian.com
> devices) can be accomodated.    Also, it would be very nice if the
> temperature sensors are small, responsive, and on leads that could be
> attached to whatever is being monitored.
>
> Attached is a screen dump of the USB-PA running.   Can you spot the
> furnace cycling and sunrise?

WBW,

V.P.