[time-nuts] Weird Stuff Warehouse shutting down

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat Apr 7 03:24:59 UTC 2018

Fellow techies,

	I'm sorry to report we're losing another surplus place. Weird Stuff
Warehouse, in Sunnyvale, CA, is closing its doors as of Monday, 9-Apr-18.

	It seems we have Google to blame. Here's Weird Stuff's final
newsletter, verbatim.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

April 6, 2018

To Weirdstuff Customers,

Sadly, after 32 years in business, Weirdstuff Warehouse will be closing
its doors as of April 9, 2018. If you have been following the real
estate news for Sunnyvale you know that Google purchased a large amount
of real estate in the area including the building we have been leasing
for the past 22 years. We have been asked to vacate the building as soon
as possible, and in order to accomplish that task we are selling our
inventory and many of our assets to Outback Equipment of Morgan Hill.
The transfer of inventory and assets will take place on April 9, 2018;
at that time Weirdstuff Warehouse will cease to do business.

Even though Weirdstuff is closing we will retain ownership of the
Corporation, trademark, and domain names. We hope to handle these
entities and wind down the corporation before year end.

Many of you have been loyal customers for many years, and we have
enjoyed working with you. We thank you for your loyalty and business.

For more information, check out our website after Monday, April 9, 2018.

WeirdStuff Warehouse
384 W. Caribbean Dr.
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
(408) 743-5650
--

	Heh... So much for Google's favorite "Don't Be Evil" motto....

---
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech dot com