[time-nuts] Weird Stuff WareHouse shutting down

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 8 15:52:55 UTC 2018

On 4/8/18 7:36 AM, paul swed wrote:
> Thanks
> It has to have been Apex that I visited. The back areas were a mix of open
> sky and sort of sheds.

Don't want to be there in an earthquake.  After the Northridge quake,
they had to rearrange their outdoor maze to improve safety somewhat.

> The air was typically pretty dry so the stuff held up well. There were
> things I would have liked to have grabbed.
> Could easily see a day digging around.

Indeed - the only problem I have with Apex is that if what you're
looking at is junk, but would look good on a set, they can make more
money renting it to a production than selling it - and it's priced
accordingly.  Anything with a rack full of blinky-lights panels has
likely been rewired to be "blinky lights".

They have (or used to, haven't been there in about 5-6 years) an
excellent selection of multi pin circular connectors at reasonable
prices - very handy if you've got some surplus gear with no cables.

Test equipment tends to be aged - Unless you have a particular need for
a HP 600 series microwave signal generator, there are probably better
sources available much cheaper that use more modern components. In this
day and age, I don't think people should suffer through 141T spectrum
analyzers or even a 8568- Spend your money an a nice USB unit instead.