[time-nuts] Dual GPSDO - any advantage?

Clint Jay cjaysharp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:11:59 UTC 2018

Sad to say I think I was right, the listings have been pulled already and
the seller now has zero items for sale.

Get those paypal refund cases logged.

On 10 April 2018 at 15:13, gandalfg8--- via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com>
wrote:

> Is this auction # 273145006434, actually showing at $9.77 here in the UK,
> and from a recently registered zero rated seller?
>
> If so, and given that the auction text, and perhaps the photos too, seem
> to be taken from one or more of Bob Mokia's
> auctions dating back a couple of years or so, and that this price is
> approximately $100 below the norm, perhaps
> a degree of caution might be worthwhile.
>
> It's either a very sad mistake, from the seller's point of view anyway, or
> perhaps something a little more devious!
>
> Nigel, GM8PZR
>

> I`ve just bought two GPSDO`s from China @ US$9-50 each [This is not an
> error!] They are stated as being new, and use a Trimball dual oven OCXO. I
> plan to run these in parallel [2 antennas, 2 feedlines, and 2 GPSDO`s] It`s
> been said that a man with two watches is never happy - unless, of course,
> they agree with each other ;-). Being identical the outputs should be
> coherent, unless one becomes faulty [one advantage of having two - any
> discrepancy and you know something must be wrong]], but is there some
> crafty way I can squeeze a little more "accuracy" out of two than if I only
> used one?
> TIA for your comments............................................Donald
> Brett Collie ZL4GX
>
> PS : I have no connection to the eBay seller. The US$9-50 seems to include
> a basic puck antenna, long downlead, and 4 interseries adaptors

Clint. M0UAW IO83

*No trees were harmed in the sending of this mail. However, a large number
of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.*