[time-nuts] WWVB Time
Tom Van Baak
tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Apr 10 17:15:43 EDT 2018
> Hi, all of a sudden my Symmetricom comparator/clock has been locking up on time.
> It has been about a week so far. Did they change the code? Anyone else seeing that?
> Doug K6JEY
That would be too good to be true. I asked NIST just now and they report: "We have not changed the code or power level. All things remain the same."
So let's debug this on your end.
- What make/model WWVB receiver are you using?
- Can you check the accuracy of the time or frequency output against GPS / GPSDO. Is it NIST accurate or a bad copy of 60 kHz?
- Did you power-up any new instrument in the past week, one that might cause 60 kHz harmonics?
- Can you check with 'scope or spectrum analyzer what your environment looks like near 60 kHz?
- Do you have a curious neighbor who is experimenting with a WWVB simulator...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Millar via time-nuts" <time-nuts at febo.com>
To: <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:23 PM
Subject: [time-nuts] WWVB Time
Hi, all of a sudden my Symmetricom comparator/clock has been locking up on time. It has been about a week so far. Did they change the code? Anyone else seeing that? Doug K6JEY
time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.
More information about the time-nuts