[time-nuts] femtosecond jitter

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 14 12:59:04 UTC 2018

John,

How where these measurements done?
Also, it looks like you have a systematic component in there, about 80
fs guestimating from the plot creating essentially two tracks up the
slope that is the tell-tale of a sinuoid phase modulation of some source.

Considering the temperature stability that you nicely plotted as a
quadratic shape, it seems like a good thermal stability is needed, which
comes as no big chock.

Can do you do a longer measurement and accumulate the data in a
2D-histogram fashion? That is count occurrences for the amplitude/time
position and then color code it accordingly? That have proved to be a
good tool for analysis.

Cheers,
Magnus