[time-nuts] GPS coordinate differences between APRS.FI and Google Maps

Russ Ramirez russ.ramirez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:20:55 UTC 2018

This has probably been mentioned before, but there is a significant
discrepancy between APRS.FI locations for DMR hotspots for example, and
what my Trimble receiver and Google Maps says when I use my address to
lookup the coordinates.

On APRS.FI my location has to be 45.15 N, -93.39 W for the icon to be in
the right location on the map.

On regular Google Maps, my QTH is correct and matches what my Trimble says
via Lady Heather within a few seconds. 45.2586 N, -93.6554 W.

Do any of you know what causes this, and did I do anything wrong possibly?
TIA

Russ
K0WFS