[time-nuts] Cheap jitter measurements

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Apr 25 18:10:56 UTC 2018

Tom!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:01:10 -0700
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> > A little coding later and there are nice plots.  They were compared
> > to the output of tvb's adev.c program.  Results are similar.
>
> Whoa there cowboy. That doesn't mean it's right. Comments:

It would not be time nuts if I did not get my head handed back to me
on a platter right away. :-)

Much to ponder.  Thanks much for the feedback.

As requested, here is my raw data: http://pi5.rellim.com/1d.log.gz

chA is the JL.  chB is the u-blox.  24 hours of data.

> I strongly, pretty please, strongly advise you to use TimeLab for a
> while before you roll your own tools and plots.

I'd love to use TimeLab, or Stable32.  But they seem to be closed source,
and only run on Windows.  I have not done Windows since 2000.  Any
suggestions for something open source and POSIX compatible?  Ideally
something that runs well on a RasPi.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588