[time-nuts] Hat Creek observatory

Patrick Barthelow apolloeme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 20:15:24 UTC 2018

Hi  guys,
I live in Auburn CA .  About 2 miles from the Chief programmer/software
engineer for Hat Creek.
Hat Creek is east of Redding CA a LONG drive from here, but spectacular
country.  Apparently a world renowned Fly Fishing place.
Fly fishermen have told me (I don't fish) that Hat Creek is on a lot of
Fishermen's bucket list.
We met by accident, having been a mile apart for many years.  We
occasionally have coffee together; He invited me to come up, and assist in
some rack mounted stuff
that he worked on, with a thermal heating problem.  The place is awesome in
many ways.
Isolated; leading edge, super high speed computers fiber optics,  currently
41 or 42 dishes, some day to expand on the same site
to 350 in number  I have a FB album of the site, interior
and exterior I can send a link.
Take a look:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202069749135346.1073741863.1535563951&type=1&l=3508e486e9

Had an overnight stay there,  after the volunteer work with him.    It is
WAY out in the middle of nowhere.. as might be inspected.
If there was a group that wanted to coordinate an insider's tour I could
help arrange that, if it is possible.
In fact, the place has overnight accommodations, kitchen, dining hall, and
a dynamite technical library, etc..
So, let me know  Give me a person contact info for the Time nuts group..
and I will see what is possible.
I will have to ask about what exists as precision time equipment there..

Best, 73,   Pat Barthelow AA6EG
apol <apolloeme at gmail.com>loeme at gmail.com

*"The most exciting phrase to hear in Science, the one that heraldsnew
discoveries,  is not "Eureka, I have found it!"    but:*
"That's funny..."  ----Isaac Asimov