[time-nuts] Lady Heather for Spectrum Instruments TM4 GPSDO

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:14:01 UTC 2018

The Windows .exe for version 6.08 Beta has been posted on EEBLOG:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/lady-heather-v6-beta-for-windows-exe/msg1434005/#msg1434005

This adds support for the Spectrum TM4 GPSDO.   It also has support for the old Motorola VPZ (Oncore VP with carrier phase firmware.).   Also possibly works with the newer UCCM telecom GPSDOs with the Ublox receiver / Samsung OCXO.

An interesting feature of the VPZ firmware is that it supports both the 6-channel and 8-channel messages.  You should be able to use them in old applications that require the 6-channel receivers.

Heather currently only uses the pseudorange data from the VPZ.  I have been unable to figure out how to munge the carrier phase info it sends into a valid carrier phase.  If anybody has any ideas, please let me know!