[time-nuts] More Galileo satellites available.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 5 16:43:47 UTC 2018

Hi

> On Aug 5, 2018, at 11:04 AM, paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mark
> I have several questions.
> Would we observe and be able to take advantage of the better clock.

Right now … now so much

> Or is
> that lost in the various other transmission effects?

Modeling matters a lot, they are still working the kinks out of that part of it.

> If better what would it take to have a reference built up leveraging that?

A multi-band receiver that picks up all three bands ( and is licensed to do so …
a whole other issue) probably is the first link in the chain.

> Perhaps a precision timing receiver.

Right now, a “typical” multi band receiver is in the > $10K range. Some are
two to three times that.

Bob