[time-nuts] NIST

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:48:35 UTC 2018

I fear the worst.  The line in the website simply stated something like
"shutting down
the transmitters in Colorado and Hawaii", which would seem to include the
whole
enchilada.

For the wall clocks, GPS should work well if people are willing to go to
battery-
backed AC power.  But not so good for wristwatches, where the expectation
is to
run at uW power levels.  I for one would be very irritated at having to
take my watch
off my wrist and put it on a charging stand every night.  So if this
shutdown comes
to pass, I'll be looking for an inexpensive GPS-to-WWVB converter, or at
least
plans for building one.

Dana