[time-nuts] Loss of NIST transmitters at Colorado and Hawaii

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Sun Aug 12 23:05:57 UTC 2018

Group,

This subject needs some additional detail.  I found an article with comments at

https://swling.com/blog/2018/08/nist-fy2019-budget-includes-request-to-shutdown-wwv-and-wwvh/

It is not clear whether WWVB will still be available for all of our cheap "atomic" clocks.

One comment says that White House budgets are usually ignored in congress.

Another says that it is NIST that cut WWV and WWVH, not the White House.

Can anyone clarify the situation?

Bill Hawkins
Sent from my retirement home in MN

Change causes confusion until new methods are learned, and a deep sense of loss when something familiar goes away.