[time-nuts] NIST

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Aug 13 10:25:16 UTC 2018

I'm trying hard to think of routine users of WWV / WWVH other than amateur radio operators, time nuts, and the occasional academic / scientific study that uses the transmitters as a signal source.

Perhaps some boaters still use the time signals to set their chronometers, but WWV /WWVH probably wouldn't be my first choice for that application if I had access to GPS.

Perhaps some other users of the radio Spectrum occasionally use the signals as a basic test signal ?

I use the time signals for my amateur radio hobby when I already have an HF receiver and don't want to mess with using GPS as a time source.  I only need accuracy within perhaps a third of a second so manually setting a computer clock while listening to WWV works for me.

For my own interest I'd be curious in knowing of other routine uses of the WWV / WWVH time signals.

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099