[time-nuts] NIST

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Aug 13 13:43:14 UTC 2018

I'll just add:

I got into time nuts after I acquired a GPSDO for checking the frequency accuracy of my amateur radios.  I realized I needed a GPSDO when I couldn't figure out if I was seeing drift in my radios frequency standards or Doppler shift from WWV transmissions while using WWV as a frequency reference.

To recap a prior post I do use WWV fairly often as a time source (mostly when I am in "the field") and I have occasionally used WWV as a frequency standard (not withstanding my concerns about Doppler shift.)   All of this is for non commercial / hobby use.

Mark Spencer

Aligned Solutions Co.
mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099