[time-nuts] 1PPS for the beginner

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:34:06 UTC 2018

Thanks Bob and Azello.  Now I understand the terminology and also better the
mechanism for the sawtooth error.

I once read that the LO, at least, in some GPS receivers, was not even
crystal
controlled but was rather a ring oscillator based on a string of cascaded
logic inverters on the chip.  This always sounded improbable to me, and i've
long wondered it this claim was really true.  Can either of you shed light
on
this issue?

Thanks,

Dana