[time-nuts] GPS receiver local oscillator

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Aug 15 03:03:46 UTC 2018

Attila wrote:

> If you want a product that ships on time, you dont buy Maxim ;-)

While I agree with the sentiment, I imagine that time nuts who are
looking for solutions on-list are mostly hobbyists, not industrial
designers (who would almost certainly have a procurement system behind
them).  For quantities from 1 to 100 or 1000, a hobbyist will go to a
stocking distributor and will know exactly how many are available when
(s)he orders.

The lack of a second source for some Maxim products is another issue of
possible concern, but again, not so much for the hobbyist (or even a
small manufacturer).

I find that Digi-Key is generally well-stocked with a good variety of
Maxim parts.

Best regards,

Charles