[time-nuts] 1PPS for the beginner

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:22:15 UTC 2018

I was astonished to see the pulse-width in the document defined from the
base of the (sharp-cornered!) edges, and not the mid-point - totally
impractical!  Near the top of the previous page it says: "If required for
testing purposes, the pulse width at the 50% level may be determined by
extrapolation."  Now OK, the very wide tolerance on the pulse-width makes
this all rather academic, but surely that spec wasn't written by an
engineer? :-)

     Peter