[time-nuts] 1PPS for the beginner

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:38:48 UTC 2018

On Peter Vince's topic, *does anybody in the group know what part of the*
*waveforms transmitted by WWV & WWVB mark the second boundaries?*

I was once comparing the timing of PPS pulses from a GPS receiver with
WWV's ticks, and saw about 5 msec delay to the ticks (in south central
Texas).
Obviously propagation and my receiver's internal delays account for most
of that, but I never could decide which part of the audio waveform I should
be referencing.

For WWV, I feel that the best choice would be the central peak in the
response
of a matched filter designed around the tick waveform, but I bet "they" did
something entirely different.  Hence the question posed above.

Dana