[time-nuts] GPS receiver local oscillator

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 00:57:20 UTC 2018

Well thats a heck of a tidbit to learn.
I built up hack multipliers and such to get some of the old GPS receivers
going.
The best was austron 2001. I did retire it as it was really getting to be a
pain to operate.
You had to know what your doing. Not sure I like that. Neo's have spoiled
me.
What was interesting was that somehow it made its way up to the MIT flea.
Picked it up for the chassis.
No antenna and such.
Powered it up and dealt with alarms. The lat and long on the box was the
Aricebo observatory in PR.
Pretty interesting how it could have showed up in Boston.
Reagrds
Paul